Heat is the first and essential phenomenon of a fire.
Most accidental fires begin with the generation of heat in locations such as control panels, switchboards, cable ducts, transformers, motors, chemical containers and engine bays. With uncontrolled heat, the nearest combustible material, such as the plastic layer of cables, will catch fire.
Designed for hazarduous conditions and manufactured Sentinel by Telereach, a producer of high quality alarm and communication products for critical areas like hospitals and railways of India and overseas for over two decades.
Even if a smoke detector and water sprinkling system is installed at the location, considerable damage might occur before such a system starts working.
In some habitats, sprinkled water itself could damage valuable items like computers, documents and furniture.
Prevention is better than cure
The most effective method of tackling an accidental fire is to ensure that it never starts
The SENTINEL Impending-fire Alarm System will constantly monitor the temperature at susceptible spots and report any unexpected heat immediately. The early warning will help you curb the heat source well before it causes an accidental fire.
Sequence of accidental fire and regular alarms:
- Heat increases due to electrical short, etc.
- Nearest combustible material becomes hot
- The material reaches flashpoint and catches fire.
- Smoke generated.
- Fire spreads.
- Smoke reaches ceiling smoke detectors
- Alarm sounded.
- Water sprinkled to put off fire.
Sequence of imaginary accidental fire with SENTINEL
- Heat increases
- Alarm sounded and location displayed
Some important features of the SENTINEL system:
- Alarm for localized increase in heat.
- Alarm for malfunction in system.
- Alarm for low power supply voltage.
- Alarm for fault in communication.
- Fail-safe, self-checks all functions.
- Micro controller based.
- Monitors continuously.
- Triggers earlier than smoke detectors.
- Trigger level settable separately for each probe.
- Probes easily fit inside small spaces.
- Can turn on other alarms through interface.
- Can initiate power supply switch off to fault area.
- Wired or wireless alarm at distant location.
- Wired or wireless status display at distant location.
- Modular construction with add-on modules.
- Easily customizable to suit location.
- Works directly from 230v mains supply.
- Consumes very little power.
- Built-in lithium ion back-up during power outages.
- Simple RJ45 connections and CAT 5 cabling.
- Easy to install.
- Fit-and-forget maintenance free.
- Low cost.
- Detailed specification for independent inspection.
- Compatible Flame Detector available as back-up alarm.